Monday, October 24, 2022 / by Lauren Wilson
INITIAL BUYER CONSULTATION OF PURCHASING PROCESS AND WHAT TO EXPECT
HELP ARRANGE FINANCING
- Assist in locating sources of mortgage loans.
- Help you examine home much you can afford but how much you may want to spend.
- Assist in comparing different financing options.
- Provide information on purchasing incentives that may be available.
- Educate and discuss the difference between being prequalified and preapproved for a mortgage.
ASSIST IN FINDING THE RIGHT PROPERTY
- Identify your needs and wants in property.
- Find appropriate available properties.
- Set up an automated e-mail alert system that immediately notifies you of properties that fit your requirements.
- Sort through inaccurate information about homes in the area.
- Provide ready access to all MLS-listed properties.
- Network with other agents for properties not yet in the MLS.
- Preview properties prior to showing.
- Help select for viewing on those homes that fit your needs.
- Aid in narrowing your search until you have identified your top choices.
- Assist in analyzing the pros and cons of each property.
- Disclose all known latent material defects.
- Assist you in evaluating properties for suitability, affordability and resale value.
EDUCATE YOU ON MARKET CONDITIONS
- Educate you on whether it is a buyer's market or a seller's market.
- Show statistics on what percent of list price the sellers are currently receiving.
- Show trends, current average days on market, current absorption rate, and/or current months of inventory.
GUIDE YOU THROUGH MAKING AN OFFER AND REPRESENT YOU AND YOUR INTERESTS AND NEGOTIATIONS
- Prepare a CMA so that you make an informed decision when offering a price.
- Advise you on what comparable properties are selling for.
- Explain common contract contingencies.
- Obtain appropriate seller disclosures.
- Prioritize your goals.
- Help create a negotiating strategy to achieve these goals.
- Ensure that you receive and understand all state and federally required disclosure forms.
- Handle the completion of the offer to purchase or sales contract.
- Educate you on the contents of the sales contract.
- Ensure that all appropriate forms are completed.
- Assist you in getting the best property at the best price with the least amount of inconvenience based on current market conditions.
- Prepare you for multiple offer situations and develop negotiation strategies specific to multiple offers.
GET YOU TO CLOSING AND SERVE AS YOUR TRUSTED REAL ESTATE RESOURCE
- Recommend inspectors, lenders, attorneys, and other professionals as necessary.
- Be an advocate and advisor during the closing process.
- Review and discuss home inspection concerns.
- Monitor and communicate required contract deadlines to ensure that you meet them.
- Assist in coordinating communications between the listing agent, lender, attorneys, title company, appraiser and other professionals.
- Accompany you on the walk-through prior to closing to ensure the property is in the same condition as when you entered into the contract.
- Remain a life-long trusted advisor regarding real estate questions, needs or concerns.
COUNT ON YOUR ACCREDITED BUYER'S REPRESENTATIVE (ABR) TO PROVIDE THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF BUYER-REPRESENTATION SERVICES.